St George’s has been sharing the love of Christ since 1889 when part of the present building was opened. The church was completed in 1897 by which time a wooden church hall, separate from the church, had been erected on the site of the present rectory. In 1977 the church building was divided, with the northern half forming the church, and the other half the church hall, now known as the Eve Cohen Hall. Two old wooden church halls were demolished and in 1978 a new rectory, with parish offices, was built on the site.
A series of helpful guides that have been collected on our journey:
Paddington: Something Old, Something New by Eve Cohen records the history of the first 100 years.