- gardening – planting our own take home growing things in tin cans
- launching a street library – we will decorate a new street library to be installed on the church fence
- origami – crafting with paper
- and be part of a gratitude circle – sharing things we are thankful for and making a poster to help us in giving thanks over the school holidays
- a book to put in the new street library
- any clean used tin cans
- Please bring a plate of food to share
Future dates for 2019: Something New is held on the last Sunday of the month – October 27 (Halloween), Novermber 24 (Advent).
Previously in 2019:
HOPE – we asked but why was Jesus so special and reflected on the women at the empty tomb (from Luke 24), exploring the meaning of resurrection and the hope it offers everyone. We played with a giant ball, went to the theatre to see a play, made a take home Easter garden and undertook a crime scene investigation to work out what happened to Jesus’ body.
LOVE – for Easter we considered the amazing love story of Jesus’ death and resurrection that makes the cross the symbol of Christianity. We’re asking ‘but why did Jesus die?’ exploring God’s incredible love for his world and the peace, forgiveness and life he wants for all of creation! We had love letter writing, love song karaoke and an Easter Egg hunt.
NARNIA – we watched ‘The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe’ to explore the ideas of sacrifice and redemption with Edmund, Lucy, Susan and Peter. A great time of popcorn & reflection was had by all!
WINTERSTORYTELLING – A great night sharing tales of ‘homecoming’around the fire with soup, toasties & hot chocolate. We heard of International travels, Sturt’s exploration in the desert, the Prodigal Son story, Jonah’s journey and more.
You can see the summary of our gathering in 2018 here.
Photos from previous Something New gatherings: