With the lovely spring weather in the air, we think it’s time to try again to gather as Something New! The current NSW health regulations let 27 people gather in the church hall and we’ve worked out a way to stay socially distanced and yet have some fun.
So you’re invited to Something New on Sept 20 at 3pm where we are going to explore some of God’s wisdom literature – Ecclesiastes 3 – “For everything there is a season”. We will be reflecting on the Season of COVID, the wisdom of God’s word and the mysteriousness of living in God’s beautiful and broken world.
The afternoon will be based around table groups in the hall with games (like bingo, creative tower building and trivia), and there’ll be story telling, discussion, prayer and craft. Get ready to compete with other table groups, re-connect with friends and consider what a strange & wonderful world we live in.
This is a COVID safe event and requires an RSVP to attend. Book your spot by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know how many people you’ll be coming with.
If you’re going to come, we’d love you to:
– bring some pre-packaged food to share eg. packs of biscuits, poppers/canned drink, individually wrapped packs of things
– follow the COVID safe rules:
- do not come if you are have a sore throat, cough, fever, runny nose, diarrhea, vomiting,
- provide your contact details on arrival (a legal requirement under the new regulations to aid contract tracing in the event of any further outbreak),
- sit in designated places at least 1.5m from others from outside your family group.
Something New is is a monthly gathering of adults & children together exploring what it means to live the good life in God’s beautiful broken world. We’d love you to come along and be part of our monthly community. This is an intergenerational community and any one is welcome whatever your age, we regularly have a group that encompasses 4 year olds and 80 year olds.
Talk to Jaimie our Children’s and Families Pastor or Jess our Community Pastor if you’d like to know more: (jaimie[AT]paddington.church)
For more info see our Something New page here: https://paddington.church/something-new/