Church is now happening in a mixed format, with some of the congregation on site and some on zoom. You are always welcome to come to the site or to join online.
For those attending on zoom:
We will use the same zoom details as usually, follow this link: https://zoom.us/j/395714814. Or with your phone, dial in on this local number: (02) 8015 6011. When you hear the recorded message, enter the meeting number, 395 714 814, followed by the # key.
The zoom meetings will open half an hour beforehand and you can join anytime from 9am/2.30pm, when there is a chance for informal sharing and conversation. It would be excellent if you could connect at least 5-10 minutes before the service is due to start. Attached is the service sheet for the gatherings. Both services will include Holy Communion, so please have elements (bread and wine, or close as you can to these) at hand to be able to participate in this part of our service.
For those attending on site:
You will need to comply with regulations for attending:
- do not come if you are have a sore throat, cough, fever, runny nose, diarrhea, vomiting,
- provide contact details on arrival (a legal requirement under the new regulations to aid contract tracing in the event of any further outbreak),
- sitting in designated places at least 1.5m from each other,
- Holy Communion will be celebrated under guidelines developed by the Diocese on the basis of medical advice,
- Unfortunately, recent research has singled out singing as a significant risk factor for viral spread and so only those joining online will be able to sing, while those on site can listen to music during a period of reflection and silent worship,
- no morning or afternoon tea will be shared on site, but perhaps visiting a local cafe after the service might work.
We recognise that people feel very differently about this season and what is the best way forward. Thank you for your understanding through this strange period.