Something New 2018
In 2018 we took a big look at the story of the bible:
August 18: Choose
After spending the first half of the year in the Old Testament stories of the bible, this week we meet a young Jesus as he comes to get baptised. We hear God say of him – ‘‘This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17). We’ll be exploring the story of Jesus’ choice to follow God with BUBBLES, a FISHING GAME and a CHOOSE YOUR OWN COOKING ADVENTURE.
September 2018: OCEANS
We joined the morning service to reflect on God’s beautiful creation; delight, wonder, awe, power, majesty.
November 2018: Christmas
A DIY nativity play, constructing Advent Calendars (that you’ll be able to take home and use to mark the days to Christmas), and plenty of Christmas cheer with afternoon tea & fun as usual.
Something New started in 2017 exploring the stories of Jesus –
- Jesus calming the storm
- Feeding of the Five Thousand (celebrated with pancake art)
- Healing of the Paralytic (marked with acrobatics)
- God the Creator (with visit from Snakes and animals)
- Prodigal Son (with a treasure hunt)
- Storytelling Event
- Parables about the preciousness of God’s Kingdom with Plane Tossing competition
- Jesus walking on water and the Five Ways Olympics
- Parable of the Sower and Spring Gardening
- Jesus and Lazarus as we thought about Halloween
- Advent Play preparations and performance
The Nativity Play 2016
The old tradition of the ‘Nativity Play’ has been revived at St George’s! Under Phil Wilcox’s creative leadership and direction a team of young local actors performed a nativity play, including Christmas Carols, in December followed by a courtyard BBQ (hosted by the 6pm congregation)