Parish Administrator Wanted
Paddington Anglican Church
1 day per week
We are a small inner city Anglican Parish that trusts in God’s generosity. We are a community that follows Jesus, embodies grace, practices hospitality, thinks rigorously, acts for justice, partners with neighbours and seeks flourishing for all. We have 3 congregations (morning, evening and a monthly intergenerational event), we host a range of additional events for our extended community and are deeply embedded in our local community.
We are looking for a 1 day per week Parish Administrator to join our team. The role is focused on supporting our weekly church life, facilitating our hall bookings and property repairs, enhancing our wider communications and providing administrative help where needed. The person will desire to contribute pro-actively to the mission and values of St George’s Anglican Church and will bring their administrative gifts, social & computer skills to the task.
Key areas of responsibility/oversight:
Church Life Systems and Communication
- Weekly bulletin production and circulation
- Weekly roster reminders
- Weekly Liturgy printing
- Coordinate quarterly roster development process for services in partnership with area teams
- Purchasing (as needed)
- Manage communal calendars
Wardens Support – Site focus
- Hall bookings
- Special events contact (funerals, weddings)
- Property support
- Coordination of public communications calendar
- Organisation and delivery of advertising through channels eg. print, website, social media
- email first response point, phone answering
Organisational Support for Program Areas
- Administration and communication support to each ministry area (services, pastoral care, children etc.)
- Safe Ministry administrative support (e.g. SRE teacher compliance)
- A commitment to participate regularly in the life of one of the congregations.
- A desire to contribute pro-actively to the mission and values of St George’s Anglican Church.
- In carrying out your role you will be accountable to the Wardens/Parish Council.
- You will be managed in your day to day tasks by Jessica Carroll Smith, our Executive Pastor.
- This role requires a NSW Working With Children Check.
Core day available for work: Negotiable (but Thursday ideally)
Hours: 1 day per week (equivalent)
Start date: negotiable
Basic stipend: award rate
Holiday: 4 weeks per year
Period of notice: negotiable/ minimum of 2 months
Review: Annual, 6 month probation period
How to apply?
Send a CV and cover letter telling us why you’d like & are good for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.